A life-changing family program on one of Earth's most studied, beautiful islands
In partnership with University of California’s Gump South Pacific Research Station, this family-focused travel program gives parents and their teenage children (aged 13 to 18) the opportunity to learn firsthand about the unique characteristics of French Polynesia’s terrestrial and marine ecosystems. We explore threats to biodiversity and ecosystem health, and efforts being undertaken to manage the transition to a sustainable future. Parents can work remotely, as needed, while younger kids (aged 3 to 12) can participate in a summer camp arranged with the Moorea International School.
To watch a webinar about this program, click here.
UC Research Campus in Paradise
An Unprecedented Youth Program
Unique Cultural Exchange
Abundant Outdoor Activities for Teens
A Deeply Meaningful, Immersive Experience
A Gem of an Island
Moorea is widely regarded as one of the world's most beautiful islands. Participants will see firsthand why the Lonely Planet says: "If you've been dreaming of turquoise lagoons, white-sand beaches, vertical peaks and lush landscapes, you'd be hard-pressed to find better than this gem of an island."
Abundant recreational activities are available. Aquatic activities include snorkeling, scuba diving, kayaking, paddleboarding, kitesurfing, fishing, sailing, and surfing. Land-based activities include hiking, horseback riding, mountain biking, and ziplining. In addition, Tahiti and French Polynesia's capital Papeete are just 30 minutes from Moorea by car-ferry.
A Sense of Camaraderie & Community
Your Local Host
Seaside Bungalows with Fast WiFi
Participating families may reside in seaside bungalows equipped with kitchens and WiFi. They are located next to a beautiful beach in the small town of Haapiti on the northwestern side of the island. Families requiring larger accommodations can receive assistance to rent homes identified by the local team.
Beautiful Coworking Space
- Access to a full-time local host in Moorea to assist with inquiries and help make you feel like a local
- Transportation from the airport to the Hilton resort in Tahiti, where participants will stay for one night before taking the 30-min ferry to Moorea
- One night accommodations at the Hilton resort in Tahiti upon arrival
- Rental car large enough for 4 people and 2 pieces of luggage (Economy size) from Sunday June 26 until Saturday July 23
- 4 weeks of accommodations in Garden Bungalow with kitchen and fiber optic internet (if you choose to select this package)
- Weekly cleaning service for Garden Bungalow (if you select this package
- Teen program for one person aged 13 to 18, including lunch, and scuba dive training to obtain PADI Open Water certification
- Access to an exclusive coworking space from 7:30am to 4:30pm Monday through Friday
- Ferry tickets to and from Moorea
- Two Happy Hours for parents including drinks, snacks, presentations and discussions with staff at the UC Gump Research Station on Friday evenings
- One group dinner for parents with staff at the UC Gump Research Station
- 4 immersive half- and full-day field outings on weekends (e.g., catamaran trip to Tetiaroa island, lagoon tour, rainforest hike to waterfall)
- Welcome lunch on a small island within the lagoon
- 4 mid-week recreational events for parents on Wednesdays during the late afternoon (e.g., Polynesian cooking class with locals)
- Farewell dinner consisting of traditional Ahimaa’a feast and ceremony
- All tips and gratuities
- All fees and donations to non-profit organizations providing services for the program, including Oceania, Mao Mana Foundation, and the UC Gump Research Station
- Transportation to the airport at the end of the program
- Guidance and support from the WWB Team
- Assistance to understand and fulfill French Polynesia’s COVID-19 travel requirements
- Greenhouse gas mitigation for your roundtrip flight and local transport
What's Not Included
- Personal, medical or trip cancellation insurance
The base pricing is for a family consisting of 1 parent and 1 teen, with the ability to add extra adults, teens and kids. Each family can choose to stay in a Garden Bungalow or book their own accommodations via AirBNB or VRBO with support from our team.
- Enrollment in the Moorea International School summer camp
- Portable WiFi router (in addition to included WiFi at the coworking space and accommodations)
- Parent participation in teen educational program activities
- Access to local health & wellness experts and programs
- Tutors, nannies, trainers
When and How to Apply
Applications are being reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. The process consists of submitting an online form with information about your family and then participating in an interview via Zoom. Thirteen families will be accepted in total, with preference given to alumni of the University of California. Alumni of other schools, even Stanford, are welcome.
Moorea, French Polynesia
View In Maps